There are three platforms where you can review ground mission opportunities. If you need help with the review and request process, please reach out to the Coordination or Volunteer Services staff at 310-390-2958 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach out to your Wing Leadership Team for assistance with getting started on your first mission.
- Our website is https://volunteer.angelflightwest.org/
- Once you've logged onto the website, click on "Available" on the navigation side bar to access our open mission calendar. Make sure to select "Earth Angel Trips" to narrow the mission opportunities to ground missions only.
- In order to help personalize the mission opportunities for you, we assigned you a home base airport, which is the airport closest to your saved address. This designation allows us to determine which ground missions are closest to you.
- "Date" and "Flight Time" will be important information for you. Some of the mission opportunities will have time constraints where the passenger needs to be picked up or dropped off by a specific time. Most often, those constraints are centered around appointment or procedure details. Please plan your timing accordingly to accommodate the listed flight time.
- This section will have the routing details i.e. where to pick up and drop off the passengers.
- This section will share information on the number of passengers and circumstances of their travel.
- If you have any questions about the mission - or if you want to confirm the timing or other details - then please check out the "View Discussion Thread" feature. This allows you to communicate directly with the coordination staff or with any volunteers who are already assigned to the trip. For example, you can ask the pilot, if one has been assigned, specific timing details.
- If you are interested in volunteering for the ground mission, you can request the trip by clicking on the "Request" button.
- You can download our mobile app at the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Make sure that you always have the latest version of our app in order to take advantage of bug fixes and enhancements.
Open up the mobile app and click on "Available Missions". This is our calendar of our open mission opportunities available to review and request by our volunteers.
In order to narrow the list to only open ground mission opportunities, make sure to complete the following steps.
- Tap on "Transportation"
- Select "Ground"
- Click "OK"
You can also select your Wing in the "Wing" filter to help narrow down the list of available ground opportunities.
- This tells you the date of the mission
- This tells you the routing details.
- You can click on "See details" for more information about the flight time, passenger details, and circumstances about the travel.
- This lets you request the mission.
This is a screenshot of the "See Details" page.
You'll also receive emails several times a week with a list of open mission opportunities. Here's an example of an email. The ground mission opportunities that are included are currently based on the Wing that you belong to i.e. a San Diego Earth Angel belongs to the Southern California Wing and will be shown open ground missions for that Wing.
- This tells you the date and flight time of the mission.
- This tells you the routing information
- This tells you the passenger count and name.
- To request the mission or to learn more about the mission opportunity, you can click on the hyperlinked mission number.