Just like closing your flight plan after you’ve landed, filing mission reports in a timely manner is also important.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Mission feedback is critical for us to be responsive and address volunteer and passenger concerns, including safety concerns.
- Missions completed, hours flown, miles driven, and related information is used daily by multiple departments in the organization.
- Reporting is finalized in the system about 10 business days after the end of each month. If we are unable to get mission information from volunteers, such as Hobbs time, unfiled reports are completed by staff using estimates based on the best data available.
- Annual reporting generated for volunteers is a summary of finalized mission reports filed during the year, and filing in a timely manner helps avoid inaccurate or incomplete reporting at year-end.
- Filing mission reports in a timely manner increases the productivity of the organization and saves staff time for all of the reasons listed above.