Important Note: AFW is implementing many strategies to avoid exposure to COVID-19. However, please be aware that there is no guarantee that we can completely eliminate the risk. We understand if volunteers and passengers don't feel comfortable with these guidelines. We hope that you're available to volunteer or request our services in the future.
We encourage volunteers and passengers to discuss these guidelines to best prepare for upcoming missions.
- All passengers and volunteer pilots and drivers are required to wear masks.
- Those who have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to COVID-19 will not be able to fly. See this CDC link for more information on symptoms.
- On the day of the mission, all passengers and volunteers are encouraged to take their temperature before departure. Anyone who presents with a fever should not travel.
- We also ask that physical distancing be observed whenever possible. Please click here for a resource on disinfecting aircraft or vehicle before and after transportation.
- We also ask passengers to obtain permission from their volunteers prior to eating or drinking in the aircraft or car.
Volunteers should reference this resource article submitted by our Safety Pilot Rich Pickett for more detailed suggestions and criteria.